God's Treasure

By Rebecca Bogle
“When I don’t measure up to much in this life, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ.”
Every morning I wake up with a song on my mind. This morning it happened to be “Forgiven” by Sanctus Real.

One day it is a song of praise; another day a song of forgiveness. Whatever the case may be, it’s always a song that is meant to minister to my day. I struggle with everyday life just like anyone else.

“Will I have clean clothes for tomorrow?”

“What will I fix for dinner?”

“How am I going to pay this $200 electric bill?!”

Questions like these go through my mind everyday. I find worry creeping into my thoughts more than usual. When it happens, believe it or not, I find myself asking, “Why God? Why don’t you just give me a couple of more hours in a day to wash clothes? Why are we getting hit with a $200 electric bill?”

I’m sure God has heard his share of “Why?” prayers, probably more than He can stand. However, His Word quickly puts an end to my worry. Matthew 6:31-34 states:
Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. (NKJV)

Regardless of how we feel or act towards God, He still loves and takes care of us. Looking back on my life, I’ve never gone a day without food; I’ve never had a day without clothes to wear... and PRAISE THE LORD, I still have electricity!

I may not be the holiest person on this earth. I may not have a lot of money or fame. I may not have it all together but....

“When I don’t measure up to much in this life, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ.”

No comments:

Post a Comment