The War on Fear, Part Four: Overcoming the Fear of What People are Going to Do to You

By Rachel Clothier
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind,” (2 Timothy 1.7).

“Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest,” (Joshua 1.9).

If you’ve ever been fired from a job, had to face a judge, or been surrounded by a bunch of people who were just “‘out to get you,” you know the fear of thinking about all the things that are going to happen to you.

David said, “In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me” (Psalm 56.4). He was mighty confident in His God to deliver him. Several times in my life, I have felt like Elisha’s servant who saw the great enemy host surrounding them. I know that he must have felt and thought, “This is the end.” Terror can grip you and steal your ability to speak, move or even breathe. But Elisha said, “Lord, open his eyes.” The servant was then enabled to see that the host of God’s Army was surrounding them and ready to protect His children with horses and chariots of fire (see 2 Kings 6.17).

God always has us surrounded by His army, an army that we cannot see with our natural eyes. Not only this, but also, the things people mean for evil, God intends to turn around for our good (see Genesis 50.20).

REMEMBER:
  1. FEAR is faith in the devil.
  2. There is NOTHING that will come against you that you AND God cannot handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment