The War on Fear, Part Two: Overcoming the Fear of Death

By Rachel Clothier
If you’ve ever been given a bad prognosis and told that you have very little time to live, you know the kind of crippling fear that can hit you in the middle of the night.

Satan loves to come sit on your bed around 2 a.m. and remind you that you’re dying. Then, just like the widow who was going to make a pancake for herself and her son and die (see 1 Kings 17), we start making preparations to die. Not only this, but new fears arise every time a new pain or symptom shows up.

I was told that I was in stage three of a disease. Since I knew that stage four was my last step on my way to heaven, I missed many nights of sleep. I was waiting to die! EVERY single night, Satan showed up just to remind me that I was a “goner.”

However, God reminded me of four important things:
  • HE is the final authority on when I’m going to Heaven, not the devil.
  • Going to see Jesus is really not such a bad deal.
  • The only way to fight fear is with the Word of God.
  • The way to receive healing is by hearing God’s Word.

Romans 10:17 says, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (KJV).

I bought four healing Scripture cassette tapes; every night I played them loud enough for Satan to hear as he sat on the corner of my bed. I also listened to them all day long. I taped healing Scriptures on mirrors, over the washer and even by the kitchen sink.

My greatest testimony is that I am still here today! Did you hear that Satan? And I am still believing Scripture!

No comments:

Post a Comment