The Secret Place


"O my Strength, I will watch for you, 

for you O God are my fortress.  

My God in His steadfast love will meet me;  

God will let me look in triumph on my enemies." Ps 59:10

 

 When David wrote this, he was on the run for his life, hiding in caves, trusting no one.  Saul had sent skilled assassins to kill him.  But, instead of being overwhelmed by the circumstance, David turns His heart to His covenant God. He cries out Oh My Strength, I will watch for YOU! He is not focusing on the enemy, or His fears, but watching for His faithful God, His Fortress! Probably mentally and physically weary, I love His unwavering resolve.  Let this be our prayer today!  Our Lord, Who is Strength,  wants us to abide in Him and allow His Word to abide in us.  He lives in us, He is with us! Today, in the secret place of prayer, the Lord Himself is our Strength. Call upon Him in secret, for He is our fortress of safety, our Refuge, our very present Help in time of need.  Then David declares with complete certainty, "My God, in His steadfast love, WILL MEET ME". Why such certainty? Because  David remembers God's faithfulness in  meeting him every day up to that day. Today let's remember the faithfulness of our Lord, who loves us, never leaves us and dwells inside us. He will meet us and He will triumph over our enemies by the power of His Word! 

No comments:

Post a Comment