Casting All Your Care Upon Him

By Karren Farley
“Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you,” 1 Peter 5:7, NKJV.

Our son Jason called us at 8 a.m. on June 29, 2008. It was a beautiful Sunday morning, and he asked if we would watch his 1 year-old son one more night so he could go on a motorcycle ride with the members of his club, Shiftn Steel Sport Riderz. Three hours later we were informed that Jason had been killed in a motorcycle accident. He was only 29 years old. He was my third child and our first son. Wow, what a nightmare we have been through since then.

As I was thinking about writing for the Women’s Ministry devotional, I came across this Scripture, “Casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you,” 1 Peter 5:7, NKJV. No matter what we face in life, and when I say no matter what we face in life, I mean it. NO MATTER WHAT WE FACE IN LIFE, we are to cast every care upon Him.

Cast means “to fling something down, away.” It means to throw something away from yourself, usually with force. Whatever the concern we may have, whether it is spiritual, temporal, great or small, God is concerned. So many times I have felt like I had no strength to go on, especially around the holidays.

That seems to be the time when the lost, lonely, empty feelings are ever so strong. I will let my tears come, wipe them and force myself to get busy doing something to get my mind occupied. I must CAST by force; I have to throw all my feelings and my loss to my Creator, God. I had to make a choice. Face depression and go it alone OR take the path that Christ has for me. By following this Scripture, I have chosen to rise above it.

Sometimes when asked how I am doing, I will say, “Hey, for not using anti-depression pills, prescription drugs, smoking, nor drinking but going through grief the natural way, I feel I am doing pretty good.”

Whenever I’m down, He comes along and lets me cast my cares over onto His shoulders. This lightens my load and allows my feet to stay steady on the path He has for me. No matter how heavy the weight, He has the strength to carry it for me. We need to remember that our God cares for us. Yes, He cares for you so very much. He cares about your distractions, anxieties, burdens and your fears.

Vineyard has a CD I enjoy; it is entitled “Women In Worship.” The song I Receive has blessed me in my weak moments. I will sometimes stop what I am doing and just worship the Lord as I play the CD several times and sing the song. The chorus very simply says, “I receive your love for me.”

We need to receive God’s love for us daily. Let God’s love come in and touch your heart and soul today and cast all your cares over to Him. That is my prayer for you this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment